Year 11 | 20 September 2019 | staff@teatronaturale.com TO ENTER | TO REGISTER

Research report on the Canada beer industry

The market is highly regulated and tightly controlled by provincial liquor boards. The Canadian beer market is mature and is dominated by two major local operators. The battle for share has led to the focus on a handful of high volume brands which has resulted in the top 5 brands representing 45% of total beer volume with the remaining 350 or so brands contributing the remaining.

The major producers continue to battle for number one position in terms of individual brand as well as corporate market share The aging of the population continues to challenge the beer industry as aging consumers are looking for lighter and healthier food and beverage choices and the industry must continue to find ways to meet those needs and avoid consumer migration to other categories such as wine.

The aging of the population continues to challenge the beer industry.
The increasing diversity of the population also challenges the industry to provide wider selection and increased availability of what in the past might have been considered at best marginal brands.
The market is highly regulated and tightly controlled by provincial liquor boards
The Canadian beer market is mature and is dominated by two major local operators, Molson and Labatt.
The major producers continue to battle for number one position in terms of individual brand as well as corporate market share

MolsonCoors focuses strategically on Coors Light and Molson Canadian, while A-BInBev's strategy focuses on Budweiser and Bud Light.
The battle for share has led to the focus on a handful of high volume brands which has resulted in the top 5 brands representing 45% of total beer volume with the remaining 350 or so brands contributing the remaining 55%.
In 2011 off-premise venues continue to account for the largest portion of beer volume
Though tremendous energy and resources are put behind the major brands, the industry as a whole continues to diversify in product offerings with investment and interest in local and imported craft type beers as well as an increased number of imported brands and countries of origin.
Product packaging in the beer market in Canada is highly regulated and tightly controlled.

For further information please visit http://www.reportreserve.com/report/canada-beer-market-insights-2012-report-562540

by S. C.
04 october 2012, World News > America

MOST POPULAR ARTICLES