Year 11 | 14 October 2019 | email@example.com
The Minister of agricultural food and forestry comments the approval, during the Council of Ministers of the 12th March, of the law Decree reforming law 164/1992, the new organic regulatory instrument for the protection of appellations of origin and geographical indications for wines.
“The approval of the new legislative decree for the protection of Do and IG wines, renews the regulatory framework of the wine sector after 18 years. Is a historic measure which marks an important step to consolidate the development of a major agrifood chains of our country. "
With these words the Minister of agricultural food and forestry Luca Zaia comments the approval, during the Council of Ministers of the 12th March, of the law Decree reforming law 164/1992, the new organic regulatory instrument for the protection of appellations of origin and geographical indications for wines.
“"The law Decree 164, Zaia explains, focuses on the quality of wines and consumer protection and the strengthening of the enterprises’ incomes, as well as improving the system of controls and adapting the rules to the reform made of the common organisation of the wine market and, above all, to new needs of the wine sector operators, who are called to face the new challenges of the market. It is the result of a work carried out by the regions and autonomous Provinces, with representatives at various levels and with all stakeholders. I want to thank the Agriculture committees of Senate and Camera, that have improved the final content of the Decree ".
The main contents of the Decree relate to
- the introduction of tools to simplify the administration for the various procedures carried out by wine producers
- the promotion of a high level of quality and the recognition of the wines with a designation of origin and geographical indications
- the transparency and the protection of consumers and businesses for what concerns forgery, theft and imitation;
- redefining the role of the National Committee for the protection and enhancement of the protected designations of origin and geographical indications for wines
- the review of the control and sanction system, based on criteria calculating the effectiveness and actual applicability.
Source: Agricoltura italiana on line
by S. C.
19 march 2010, World News > Italy